As part of the SmartWB project, five theme-based trainings for teaching staff to acquire new practical skills were held in 2023. The training occurred in Vienna, Dubrovnik, Niš, Oslo, and Madrid.
The broader objective of SmartWB is to improve the existing education in climate-smart urban development by building professional and technical capacities of Western Balkans higher education institutions, applying innovative teaching methods and ICT in the education process, and creating permanent links with the non-academic sector. Therefore, those trainings aimed to:
- Equip participants with essential practical skills to enhance higher education quality in climate-smart urban development (CSUD).
- Provide the necessary space for attendees to network, connect, and share the related practices in the education of CSUD.
The outcome of this event was a successful knowledge transfer experience where participants received insightful ideas through presentations and site visits on best practices of CSUD and innovative digital tools for education. The participants showed high interest in adopting and applying the takeaways from this event in their practices as educators.
The project team of the University of Sarajevo successfully completed all education:
- Prof. dr. Emina Hadzic, Civ.Eng. – team leader
- Prof. dr. Hata Milišić, Civ.Eng.
- Prof. dr. Suada Sulejmanovic, Civ.Eng.
- Doc. dr. Ammar Šarić, Civ.Eng.
- Mr.sc. Amir Hajdar, Comput. Sci.
As part of the SmartWB project at the Faculty of Civil Engineering of the University of Sarajevo, the modernization of three subjects is planned, of which two are in the Department of Hydrotechnics and Environmental Engineering and one is in the Department of Roads and Transportation Engineering. The project members disseminated the training results to the students of the Faculty of Civil Engineering in Sarajevo.
You can find more about the project on the website: https://www.smartwb.ucg.ac.me/